Spoon carving tutorial.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
Nice shape! It reminds me of Moroccan or other African forms. And the burnished strong sculptural facets add to that "African" quality. Apple is fantstic-hoping to get some shortly from my landscape gardener friend
I know what you mean about "copying" another form....
You're not the first to mention that this design has an African quality Mr Dazzler. My French friend Magali (who makes exquisite Laguiole knives)noticed the same thing. Yes, I guess you're both right. I love making them, it's quite a challenge. Thank you for your support... J

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
Outstanding work and a great tutorial, many thanks for writing up and sharing it.

I agree with your sentiment that the final piece has to come from your heart and not simply be a copy.

goodjob
Aye, it's amazing what the brain takes from ones surroundings and stores. I guess the trick is to learn to access ones internal design map.
I'm still learning how to do it I must admit. Thank you for commenting Stringmaker... J

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Aye, it's amazing what the brain takes from ones surroundings and stores. I guess the trick is to learn to access ones internal design map.
I'm still learning how to do it I must admit. Thank you for commenting Stringmaker... J

Well if you reckon you're still learning I can't wait to see your later work!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE