SpearFox: new project, my design

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hi all,
what do you think about this project? Of course CS Bushman was inspirational; my aim was to make a simple/fairly cheap/though bushcraft knife that you may use also as a spear, without fearing less it using as a spear. In fact the handle you may enlarge enough to insert a wood (diam approx 35 mm), than you may close using the paracord lanyard. More, you have any "teeths" internally to retains firmly the wood.
Ciao, Alfredo
Specs:
lenght OAL: approx 270 millimetres
blade lenght: 150 millimetres
blade thickness: 4,5 millimetres

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Looks good, but the teeth may be a problem if you want to remove the blade, or the shaft breaks at that point. How would you go about getting it out of the remaining shaft out of the handle. Would some sort of tapering sharp triangular ridge that runs the full length (lowest point of ridge at tube mouth) be better as it would lock the further you insert the shaft, stop it from spinning and be easy to remove.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Looks good, but the teeth may be a problem if you want to remove the blade, or the shaft breaks at that point. How would you go about getting it out of the remaining shaft out of the handle. Would some sort of tapering sharp triangular ridge that runs the full length (lowest point of ridge at tube mouth) be better as it would lock the further you insert the shaft, stop it from spinning and be easy to remove.

JonathanD thanks for your suggestion, I'll modify the retention system...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE