South African Biltong question...

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hi all

Just returned from taking mother to our local value house. We stumbled across a newly made inside shop which sold lots of south african goods, buscuits, sauces and dried sosauge!

I did however notice that on a wall in blister packs, was african biltong, at £4.50 a bag, for about 350g. Is this good?

I quite often make my own jerky from either beef or venison and have seen the silly prices of the stuff in morrisons, but is the above a good price?

Feel daft because i didnt pickup a bag just to try it.:(

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hi all

Just returned from taking mother to our local value house. We stumbled across a newly made inside shop which sold lots of south african goods, buscuits, sauces and dried sosauge!

I did however notice that on a wall in blister packs, was african biltong, at £4.50 a bag, for about 350g. Is this good?

I quite often make my own jerky from either beef or venison and have seen the silly prices of the stuff in morrisons, but is the above a good price?

Feel daft because i didnt pickup a bag just to try it.:(

I bought some Biltong of EBay. Tastes a lot stronger than any Jerky I have had and the flavour is a lot different. Wife can't eat it although she normally likes any Jerky I've bought or lucky enough to have been given to try.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
Some Zouth African shops sell bilton by the strips which is much better than the stuff they sell in the packets. One of my neighbors is Zouth African and now and again gets hold of the stuff and the sausges are good and then washed down with some castle larger.
(lovely):)
cheers
Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE