Sourcing 6" wide flat Kevlar wick in the UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi folks
although I can find it a plenty on US sites my googlefu isn't up to finding it in the UK.

Could anyone point me towards a source for 6" wide Kevlar tape/ wick suitable for making a few flaming torches? Black if it's available would be great, and cheaper the better.

in a ideal world I'd make them old school from Stockholm tar and natural fibre rags but that's proved prohibitively expensive. Also they tend to drip alarmingly, well it alarmed herself, I was expecting it and had allowed for it.

ATB

Tom

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Would motorbike exhaust wrap do you? It was still going strong in my fancy feast meths stove until i burned the tin can out, good couple of years

Gotta be a damn sight cheaper than kevlar too

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Companies that cater for Vintage cars (and bikes) have exhaust wraps in different widths and colours ( not 100% sure about that though).
IMHO better than CF.

Would motorbike exhaust wrap do you? It was still going strong in my fancy feast meths stove until i burned the tin can out, good couple of years

Gotta be a damn sight cheaper than kevlar too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE