SOS Food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ogri the trog said:
Spamel, Toddy,
A farmer friend of mine slaughters pigs for his own consumption and dry salts them, nowhere near the 5kg to 10kg salt you mention. Maybe 2kgs max. I've seen 18 hams hanging in his parlour that it would be difficult to reach around one of them. Given a few weeks of this treatment, he'll then hacksaw off a lump and slice it into thick rashers and then cook it in the oven of his Aga till its crispy - it melts in your mouth and a few rashers for breakfast is good to keep you going on the farm untill a cuppa at mid afternoon. Much more nourishing than a bowl of soggy rabbit food.

Boy am I feeling hungry right now!

ATB

Ogri the trog

The salt I mentioned is for brine curing; the link I gave is for the dry salt curing mix.
Me I'll have the rabbit food thank you, my brother *loves* the salted bacon....we have an agreement, I don't eat pickled cabbage in front of him and he doesn't guzzle dead pig near me :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Toddy

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Toddy said:
The salt I mentioned is for brine curing; the link I gave is for the dry salt curing mix.
Me I'll have the rabbit food thank you, my brother *loves* the salted bacon....we have an agreement, I don't eat pickled cabbage in front of him and he doesn't guzzle dead pig near me :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Toddy

I know!!!! I know!!!!

Eat raw cabbage, if he eats a live pig :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
zackerty said:
I know!!!! I know!!!!

Eat raw cabbage, if he eats a live pig :D

I think that'd squick him out more than me :rolleyes: :D

Sorry Ogri, I ought to have made myself clearer with the links.

Cheers,
Toddy

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'll try and chat you on msn to talk about this. Veggi diets when camping for me normaly end up being this sort of stuff.
Beenfeast makes a good meal for one person with pasta or a meal for two if you start adding tins and more pasta393Kcal is more then the army ration curry I've got and you have pasta on top of that. This takes it up to about 650Kcal in one meal.
There are a good range of burger mixes which will give you different amounts of fats and protiens. Also dried bannanas are good. We just bought 1kg of them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE