Song of the Paddle forum.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Does anyone here also use Song of the Paddle forum and know how to contact anyone? I have an account but can't log on or set up a new one?
I wanted to ask whether anyone can confirm that Old Town have discontinued (in all materials) the Charles River canoe?

Many thanks.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I'm on there. They have just moved to being hosted by tappatalk but as far as I know all is well and all accounts were transferred over.

What is/was your username? I can ask MagiKelly if he can take a look.

Cheers
Grebby

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
I'm on there. They have just moved to being hosted by tappatalk but as far as I know all is well and all accounts were transferred over.

What is/was your username? I can ask MagiKelly if he can take a look.

Cheers
Grebby
Thank you, that's very kind.
Caligula/Ferret/Laurie may have been user name. Thanks again.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Hi All,

We have moved the forum over to Tapatalk and all your accounts should have been transferred. You will probably have to set up a tapatalk account first if you don't have one then log in as normal. The tapatalk account is a necessary evil but you do it the first time, tell it not to email you stuff and then you should be able to go straight in.

From the old town site, the CR is no longer being sold. You might get some stock from shops but ....

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Thank you, that's very kind.
Caligula/Ferret/Laurie may have been user name. Thanks again.
Hi Milton

We have a contact page ;)

Also I’m guessing if you can’t remember your username you will struggle to match a password to it :) Drop me a PM with your email address and I’ll be able to locate your account with that, confirm your username and reset your password.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Hi Birchwood. Same thing, drop me a PM with your email and we can locate your account. Unless you are Silverbirch on SotP in which case I’ve already replied to your email.

Hi Magikelly , yes I am that one. Think we are on the way to being sorted now. Thanks

MagiKelly

Does anyone here also use Song of the Paddle forum and know how to contact anyone? I have an account but can't log on or set up a new one?
I wanted to ask whether anyone can confirm that Old Town have discontinued (in all materials) the Charles River canoe?

Many thanks.

I’ve had a quick look and I’m pretty sure your username on SotP is Laurence Milton, just like it is here. If you can’t remember your password you can just go to log in with that username and click forgotten password.

Reactions: Grebby

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
I’ve had a quick look and I’m pretty sure your username on SotP is Laurence Milton, just like it is here. If you can’t remember your password you can just go to log in with that username and click forgotten password.
Wow, thank you...yup it might be my name on there??? Will do!

Thank you all for your help: what a pity that there's no "contact us" on the site.
Thank you again for your help, Grebby and MagiKelly.

MagiKelly

It’s here. I’ve asked them about adding it to the top or bottom as well.

053178c599d7b699f28ab21433a7badc.jpg

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
A great place which, 12 years ago, was my first foray into the co-operative world of outdoors-related fora, in fact my first experience of any sort of internet forum. In addition to helping realise the childhood dream of getting out onto and exploring the water in whatever guise (being an avid fan of Swallows and Amazons), it gave me spoon carving, tool sharpening and restoration, leatherwork, deepened my love for the great outdoors but above all, camaraderie and friendships which I enjoy to this day. Although I no longer canoe for health reasons, SotP will always hold a special place in my heart as will many of its members, past and present plus its creator.

I loved paddling my wooden canoe, Mirrormere and have many special memories of that time, I also very much still enjoy the crafts which canoeing and SotP kindled. The triumvirate which includes BCUK and the late British Blades, has given me a side to my life I never imagined could exist thus I must emphasise my gratitude.

Graeme

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
A great place which, 12 years ago, was my first foray into the co-operative world of outdoors-related fora, in fact my first experience of any sort of internet forum. In addition to helping realise the childhood dream of getting out onto and exploring the water in whatever guise (being an avid fan of Swallows and Amazons), it gave me spoon carving, tool sharpening and restoration, leatherwork, deepened my love for the great outdoors but above all, camaraderie and friendships which I enjoy to this day. Although I no longer canoe for health reasons, SotP will always hold a special place in my heart as will many of its members, past and present plus its creator.

I loved paddling my wooden canoe, Mirrormere and have many special memories of that time, I also very much still enjoy the crafts which canoeing and SotP kindled. The triumvirate which includes BCUK and the late British Blades, has given me a side to my life I never imagined could exist thus I must emphasise my gratitude.

Graeme
What a wonderful post, Nativewood.
I love too the canoe name; my wood canoe has a name as well, "Wyrd", but my plastic one doesn't...……?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE