something a little different.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was contacted by a customer asking me to make him a sheath, for his knife that he had, it dates back to the battle of inkerman, he wanted me to first restore the orinal sheath, i have had quite a few people contact me of late regarding restoration, and have been really enjoying bringing old leather goods back to life, so i done that for him, as over the years the sheath had split down the one side, and it was decaying quite badly, he also wanted me to make a similar sheath with a more modern twist, as with this sheath he wanted to have the stitching protected, but have the same type of tooling like the original. he wanted this sheath so that he could put the original away in its restored state, and use the new one to store the knife in.
so that's what i made him.
hope you like it.

001 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

011 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
this is the original sheath that i had to restore.

sheath restoration by lucky_lee, on Flickr

013 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks very sound Lee :D a nice modern take on the old one :cool:

Was the old one fine leather over a wooden frame ?

cheers,
M

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That looks very sound Lee :D a nice modern take on the old one :cool:

Was the old one fine leather over a wooden frame ?

cheers,
M
Mary you knowledge is astounding how did you no that? yes it was a wooden liner, and very very thin leather, that i had to restore, there was times when i thought i was going to start shaking lol.

Stood

Feb 21, 2012
Lancashire
Hi All,

It's my knife and sheath.

Lee made a good job of everything and I'm very pleased with the results.

As stated its circa battle of Inkerman, possibly a kitchen knife(?) and the original sheath is thin fine leather stretched over a wood liner and sewn up the middle of the sheaths rear.

The knife and sheath are a pair, the knife only fitting correctly one way round. No real rust on the blade and it's always been stored in the sheath tho Lee recommends keeping everything separate in storage.

Glad you all like it, I don't think it will see any use in the "great outdoors" in my ownership tho! Perhaps I need a copy making and use that.

Cheers all,

Boots

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Hi All,

It's my knife and sheath.

Lee made a good job of everything and I'm very pleased with the results.

As stated its circa battle of Inkerman, possibly a kitchen knife(?) and the original sheath is thin fine leather stretched over a wood liner and sewn up the middle of the sheaths rear.

The knife and sheath are a pair, the knife only fitting correctly one way round. No real rust on the blade and it's always been stored in the sheath tho Lee recommends keeping everything separate in storage.

Glad you all like it, I don't think it will see any use in the "great outdoors" in my ownership tho! Perhaps I need a copy making and use that.

Cheers all,

Boots
Glad you are happy boots, really enjoyed doing this.
yes as stated boots any knife that is going to be stored for long periods should be kept out of the sheath really, the wax I have put on the blade for you will help no end bud, but I still would keep them seperate, or every 6 months give it a new coat of the renaissance wax mate.
take care.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE