Some simple gear mods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
Here's a video I made yesterday with some simple gear mods for inexpensive outdoors gear.

Putting a proper belt loop on a Hultafors sheath

Stanley Cook pot mods for use with a hanger

Lixada mini stove pot stand (for use with the Stanley pot)

[video=youtube;7ja9Sq26OS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ja9Sq26OS0[/video]

Comments thumbs and subscribers greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!!

Jun 29, 2016
Nelson,New Zealand
Cool mods mate. Thanks for taking the time to post. :)

My kids have the stanley cup/pot in their kits, very happy with them and much better with the handle mod.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I like the idea of a removable pot hanger made from croc' clips and break cable but would have to ask if you've used it when fully weighted? I would be worried the clips might slip when transferring boiling water etc. from a fire.

Cheers

K

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I like the idea of a removable pot hanger made from croc' clips and break cable but would have to ask if you've used it when fully weighted? I would be worried the clips might slip when transferring boiling water etc. from a fire.

Cheers

K
I wouldn't bother with crocodile clips, they are bound to slip when you least need it to.
These work well in my 16 zebra billy can with the brake cable...

68f4dd13c65309e959292e1daf3b7f4f.jpg

After screwing it tight just burn off the plastic cover...

As seen on here....
http://www.ravenlore.co.uk/html/hobo_stove.html

Simples.... ;)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK

Cheers

K

Haven't used it like that yet. This was a mod I picked up of YT - Davids Passage channel. I have a pot handle in my kit and can always reattach the handle that came with it for pouring out.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
I wouldn't bother with crocodile clips, they are bound to slip when you least need it to.
These work well in my 16 zebra billy can with the brake cable...

68f4dd13c65309e959292e1daf3b7f4f.jpg

After screwing it tight just burn off the plastic cover...

As seen on here....
http://www.ravenlore.co.uk/html/hobo_stove.html

Simples.... ;)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I saw that mode also on YT. I thought I'd try the clips first to see how they stand up to being used. Going to use that method for hanging the Nalgene stainless bottle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE