Some recent spoons

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
While I wait for a knife cut to heal, I thought i'd upload some recent projects that I have finished.

Thank you for browsing.

Decided to have a mess around with a bit of cut-off, made of Birch and a shade under 15cm.
IMG_3556_zps05a2dccf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sycamore Spoon
IMG_3512_zpsd01f113b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Another birch racing spoon.
IMG_3510_zps86a5d726.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BCuk Member inspired Kuksa - Birch.
IMG_3518_zps9efb6b32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A old project finally finished. Small Birch Bowl.
IMG_3519_zps85d3aae7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finnish Design from a world war one trench soldier - Birch. Not full scale as this was made as a referance model only.
IMG_3554_zps121ca43c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oak Spoon - First time carving Oak.
IMG_3508_zps5c0553f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Beautiful! those are all really good,and I 'specially like the shank on the first one ............thanks for posting these........................atb mac

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Love the kuksa mate shape is really nice

Thank you Mouse, am going to make a larger one soon, well as long as time permits.

Beautiful! those are all really good,and I 'specially like the shank on the first one ............thanks for posting these........................atb mac

Mac this spoon was supposed to a normal small spoon, but it lacked something I decided to pull the flexi cut tools out and have a mess around. When held up to the sun and you can see the support bar through the bowl. I had real fun making this one

Nice work !

goodjob

Thank you Tartanferret.

Cheers for the kind comments.

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Nice to see someone working oak, as it is notoriously difficult. Did you do those from green wood or seasoned?

Havestman the Oak spoon was carved green and left overnight to dry out then finished the next day, it was difficult as the wood wanted to do it own thing with the knife while I was carving.

Those spoons are beautiful! And the Kuksa looks great, too!

Thank you Turnstone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE