some recent projects.. Walking stick, birch tar, hobbo stove, mibank bag and spoons..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hi all.

So the apoxy is currently drying on my first knife (thaks again for all the adivce),

so I thought I'd throw up some other projects from the last while.

First up is the apple wood walking stick i've been using for years. It originlly just had the bark hacked off roughly, but a few months ago i started a refurbishment project on it. sanded it down gave it a little decoration with pyography (my first attempt), and a few coats of walnut oi. after getting advice from members on here I went with a rubber grip as apposed to the copper i had originally planed, and gave it a suade cord handle. CJ then braided me a wrist loop out of the same cord.

(i've been told to stop refering to her as "the missus" and am suitable chastised...:tapedshut)

also made my first hobo stove... its basic, rough around the edges and ugly as sin, but it boils a pint of water in 8 and a half minutes so it'll do for the mo.

I had a go at making birch tar... not a bad result and the inside of the bark tin afterwards looked pretty cool.

sewed a denim milbank bag.. again pretty basic..

and who every it was who told me that spoon carving is addictive when i posted my first a few weeks ago was RIGHT! :nutkick:

a (nearly) finished spalted birch spoon and a few roughed out works in progress.

thanks for looking.

all feed back welcome.

Regards,
Baelfore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE