Some new fishing hooks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
torjusg said:
And by the way, I have probably caught somewhere in the region of 25000 trout with regular hook and line in my rather short fishing career (20years).

That's a lot of trout. Yes, indeed, a LOT of trout. It's far, far more than I have caught as a passionate angler since boyhood and -since 1989- as a professional fly fishing instructor. Clearly, I must bow to your superior prowess as a fisherman.

Burnt Ash

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Burnt Ash said:
That's a lot of trout. Yes, indeed, a LOT of trout. It's far, far more than I have caught as a passionate angler since boyhood and -since 1989- as a professional fly fishing instructor. I must clearly bow to your superior prowess as a fisherman.

Burnt Ash

I didn't say anything about the size.... Most of the lakes where I come from are very overpopulated. If the fishing is good, you can get 100 in a day. On a more reasonable day, I would say 30.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Having done some more math on this. I would say that I may have excaggerated a little. :eek: I think somewhere between 15000 and 20000 is more correct.

That figure (25000) would be more correct if net and spearfishing was included too.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
Having fished some of the many lakes in Norway and witnessed Mr Garren pulling in trout after trout first hand I do not think his estimates are larger than life.
As for the effectiveness of the so-called primitive hook, I know for a fact that they catch fish. I find it rather funny at times when I come across anglers
who think that the hook and line are new inventions. :confused:

Many years ago I used to carry spare line plus modern hooks in my kit bag for the survival scenario, but it always bothered me that if I lost my kit how
would I provide myself with a meal.....it was then that I started to learn to behave like the natives and seek alternatives from nature - as people have
done for thousands of years......................................I think they call it Bushcraft.

Here is a small sample of hooks that have caught fish.

antlerbonefishinghooks018.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Stop showing off Patrick!! :p

Top work as always, we need more tutorials from you, I love watching things come to life from just a piece of wood or antler, and your photography is always spot on too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE