Some books I'm looking at buying: Anyone read them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi all,
Just been browsing Amazon and came across a couple of books that look interesting. Anyone read them that can offer comments/criticism?

The books are:

The Contented Poacher's Epicurean Odyssey: Tales and Recipes from a Gourmet in the Wilderness
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1580085547/026-8954349-6043626?v=glance&n=266239

Poachers and Poaching - Knowledge Never Learned in Schools
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1905124481/026-8954349-6043626?v

Finding Your Way Without a Map
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/048640613X/026-8954349-6043626?v=glance&n=266239&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Cheers!

Neil

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Steve K said:
I knew I'd heard of Finding Your Way Without a Map, there are a number of people references this book at the links below.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve - I'd found these but hoped someone could give a quick review. Quick as in "Buy it" or "Don't waste your money"... :lmao:

Found this on the cookbook:
Throughout history, the poacher has been pigeonholed as scoundrel, thief, and criminal. But there exists another breed of poacher: one who proudly hunts without a gun, using art and guile alone. Wily woodswoman Elantu B. Veovode has spent a lifetime observing animals and cleverly coaxing them onto her plate. She shares her secrets in The Contented Poacher, the collected tales of her successful (and not so successful) close encounters with the wild side. With wit and wisdom, she'll show you how to nab a turkey using a fishnet, tap into woodchuck psychology, avoid meeting a bear on a mountain path, and catch catfish with cornmeal cakes, as well as other fine points of the chase. While chronicling her quest for cheap and savory vittles, Elantu also shares sixty original recipes for the true do-it-yourself gourmet, including her Lemon Roadrunner with Almonds, Porcupine in Pomegranate Sauce, and Rattlesnake Potpie with Prickly Pear Apples. Other recipes feature venison, buffalo, prairie dog, armadillo, field mouse, and grasshopper (along with store-bought substitutions for squeamish city dwellers). A rare catch for hunting buffs, armchair survivalists, and curious culinarians, The Contented Poacher will satisfy your taste for all creatures great and small.

So, sounds good if I lived somewhere you get roadrunner, turkey, catfish, bear, and woodchuck running wild...

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I've just recieved the 'Poachers & ....' and the 'Finding your ....'

If you don't mind leaving it for a couple of months I could probably give you a review by Xmas? :sulkoff:
Too much time working, not enough reading

If you get them maybe you could give me a review and give me time to read the Rezendes tracking book instead?

Somehow I don't think that's a lot of help
I'll get my coat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE