Some bits an bobs I've made

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
So last week I promised that I would post some pictures up of some things I have made. Some of my favourite threads are those showing things people have made, trips people have been on and progress people have made towards setting up their environment as they really want with great workmanship and great energy and drive. Obviously the best of these include photos to show the progress such as the jaw dropping photography of those who were recently as the sami market and notably British Reds great topic discussions and homestead progress.

Now I must admit that I have been very lazy, I have had a great time reading many of these threads but never contributed anything similar. Now I can't fix that now as I have no in progress but I will endeavour to in the future. For now I will post some pictures of some things I have made so far, bushcraft related.

First up, Knives. Last year I put this handle on an o1 Enzo Trapper, the scales are grey stabilised walnut with black liners and this has been my everything knife since then. Its a very good knife but the handle contained less of the orangy colour than I had hoped but I love it anyway.

The top one is a pukko style that I finished a few weeks ago for SHMBO as a general camping knife for her. The blade is a Jaaranen hand forged from Brisa and the handle is stacked redwood and cow horn with brass bolsters. Its not perfect but she is happy with it.

_MG_4739.JPG

I've put handles on a few fire steels to go with them, but it is hard to get them straight with a hand drill. Mine is curly birch and hers matches. The sheath for the enzo is not made by me but I added the firesteal holder and restitched the side.

_MG_4746.JPG

The sheath for SHMBO is my first real attemp at leather work. Because the leather is only 2mm and the knife has a very sharp point I lined the lower part of the sheath with an Ikea place mat.

_MG_4757.JPG

My next leather working attempt was to make a mask for my HB splitting axe.

_MG_4755.JPG

Finally, at a boot sale last summer I came across a few wood framed coping saws. I picked it up for a couple of quid and turned it into a buck saw. The end parts I just sanded off the varnish, sculpted one side as a better handle, filled the holes and cut slots for the blade. I had to make a new cross member for which I sourced some ash from a friendly lumber shop, I had to hand carve the tenons but it fits quite nice and then using some leftover ash carved the windlass with axe and knife. To go with that using another boot sale find, Alfa model 42 sewing machine I knocked up this bag for it all.

_MG_4756.JPG

Well I hope that hasn't bored you all too much but I thought I would make an effort at sharing this with people on here!

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Gosh, you been busy! I love the way so many of the folk on here make things for their other halves :) Tis lovely :)

Your stitching is verrrrry neat and the knives look tremendous too! Lovely stuff, you must be pleased as punch :)

sycamour

Forager
Dec 10, 2012
south east
Cracking work, as a newish member thats been inspired to have a go, since joining the forum, I have ticked off a number of first,s myself, I,m now headfirst in to my first bow! liking your the bow saw especially.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Thanks guys, the patina a mainly forced with a mixture of vinegar and salad cream. I don't like shiny blades because then I feel like I have to keep them that way instead of just using them!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE