Solid oak table*unfinished project*

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I started this project in 1999 and it wont get finished due to me not having a woodturning lathe as when I moved house I ust didn't have any space to put it.
Its solid oak and has a lovely carved gun dogs head ( in the corner which was done by my friend in 1999 when he had his own oak furniture business.The top has been sanded and the edges slight chamfered ready for a finish and measures 855mm long x 425mm wide and is 32mm thick and has been stored flat indoors since I bought it.
I turned two of the legs but never got round to turning the other two before I sold my lathe.The legs measure 345mm long x 65mm.Im sure I have two top rails for this but will have to have a look and confirm this but im 90% sure stil I do.
I would love to see this finished but know I cant do it myself so ive decided to sell it.
My thoughts are to put this on ebay at the weekend but until then i'll try it here.
This due to weight would be collection from Doncaster or I could wrap it so you could arrange your own courier.Any further information needed just ask.
I would like £120 for it.

Last edited:

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Could you consider buying a antique oak table and simply using the base & retro fitting it to your own top? Seams ashame to have so much invested in it to not appreciate it and use it. Opportunity to visit a few auction houses/ website to see what is out there for sale. brown furniture sell for less than the quality wood it's made from. Just a thought.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Could you consider buying a antique oak table and simply using the base & retro fitting it to your own top? Seams ashame to have so much invested in it to not appreciate it and use it. Opportunity to visit a few auction houses/ website to see what is out there for sale. brown furniture sell for less than the quality wood it's made from. Just a thought.

I do understand what you mean and I did buy an old base,legs side rails with that thought but it just didn't look right.i still have it which I would throw in with this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE