Sog Hunter Revolver Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Good review,Robbie, it looks very good in performance.The only critisim I have is the knife blade.It is probably perfect in use ,but i am useless with blades over 4" long so would have a problem using it.How about a smaller 'bushy' type with a 4" blade without a guthook?

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Bushwacker bob, thanks for the comments, this is why I posted the review, I would like to get some feedback on the knife in general. Blade size and shapes are very important to me at this stage. I am trying to get a general idea of the many potential blade shapes that the Revolver series could use.
I have been working on a smaller version for moderate camp chores. Basically a solid drop point on one end, then on the other end, a serrated blade or smaller saw for more tedious cuts like whittling or trap making. The good thing about this design is the seemingly endless possibilities for blades.
Feed back is appreciated, ideas on blade options ?
Thank you,
Robbie Roberson :wink:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
people here seem to go for a 4inch blade with a scandi grind. I think with a small saw blade this could work well for people like me that do most of the bushcrafty type sttuff on day walks. This size wood also be very good for mountain bikes when they find the odd branch that causes a safty issue on the path

If you ever want one testing I'd be more then happy to help

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I think a 4" model would be just about right.Any smaller and the saw would be a bit redundant,although the wenger/sak ones are only about 3"(IIRC)
With respect,the current blade is a bit too military, so a flat or convex grind,either drop point or spear point would do the job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE