So what have you got planned this autumn winter

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Autumn is very much upon us and no doubt folks up and down the country are starting to think about trips. Last year was an epic one for overseas trips so what is everyone thinking of?

Im planning a double dose of norway this year as its a country ive not visited. A fast and light October on the Nordmarka and February up in the frozen north with the kitchen sink :D.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
No major expeditions but plenty of winter nights huddled round the camp fire for me.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
1 trips to Norway, 1 trip to Norway/finland with the kitchen sink gang, 2 trips to Scotland, a few trips to Wales/lakes/peaks.

A couple of meets too.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'll be doing a week mulling around in Finland followed by a fortnight in Norway where I will be working on getting my kit pared down to the bare minimum. I also hope to compare and contrast snowshoes and skis.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I seem to be the only person on here not planning to go to Scandinavia!

My plans are just to do a bit of camping. Summer is invertebrates for me, winter is for bushcraft.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Spending October in Greece for the birth of our granddaughter, Isabelle. I've got 8 day hikes planned and 3 two day hikes including overnight. One of these is on a remote beach which i've been wanting to walk too for ages. The other two will be in the mountains. I'm afraid snow and ice aren't for me.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A fairly large family reunion Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully a few hunting trips. Definitely some Bream fishing in October as the water temps change.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
My days of long trips are behind me for the moment. I'll be staying at home; that said I've plenty to see and do close to home. There are a few places I'll visit and perhaps camp now that the midge is on the way out.

I want to collect a proper stash of hazel wands this winter, so I'll make a start once the leaves are off the trees.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm waiting for first frosts - then it's bunny-time. A few local farms and a golf course should provide a bumper harvest this year - they're plumping up nicely, I've re-zeroed the .17HMR and got a spare freezer lined up.

Bring on the bunnies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE