Snugpak Bergen.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I have a thought on the short military packs (that is designed to be used on top of a webbing). Couldn't you feasibly use a bumbag (like the snugpack response pack) or similar to carry the burden? That would also give you a handy day pack. I saw a weight weeny kind of guy doing this and he swore by it. Altough he used a back pack in thin sil-nylon packed with really light stuff. I once saw an osprey bumbag that had better waist belt than I ever saw on a ruck sack (bar some models from klättermusen).

Just a thought.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Old thread I know.....but I'm 6' 4" and have just bought the Bergen, and on an initial load out, (20 kg), found it sat very comfortably on my back/hips?
I've yet to try it on a longish walk about, nor do I have much experience of many packs (Telemark, ALICE, LK's is about it!)
So far, I love it!

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
In my opinion such a big rucksack has to sit on the hip. Karrimor SF, Berghaus and Savotta make such stuff in green, Essl as well, Tasmanian Tiger too, which is the military range of Tatonka. Wisport and Varusteleka's own brand are other options.

I love the Snugpack Special Forces Sleep System. It's in my opinion the best on the market. The Jungle bag is good for hot conditions in southern France during the summer.

But the Snugpack rucksack constructions don't convince me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE