Snakes??

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
As boys my friends and I ranged around the area where I lived and we never saw a snake. They were confined to places slightly further away as I later discovered when working locally as a young man. Certain people took great delight in killing them :eek: I still get angry thinking of one instance.
Now I am finding them occasionally around here in those places that are less disturbed and have a southerly aspect. Slow worms and adders are sighted but not grass snakes. I probably would not recognise a smooth snake although by deduction would assume any sighting un-usual.
I know that all these are quite common in the north of this county as I have often seen them sunning themselves when I have been on tree tours.
As the ground, in this part of the Chilterns, rises to over 800 ft I can point to global warming as the main reason for more local sightings and possibly local development pressure too.
It is a pleasure to see them what ever the circumstances.
Swyn.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
roofishinglj6.jpg

This is a snake!! :lmao:

Taken in the Kimberleys in the top-end of Australia in 2003.

An Olive Python... somewhere around the 20-25 foot mark

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Silverback said:
A Western Olive Python if I am not much mistaken a mere baby compared to the Retic now THAT is a snake :D

:)

Retic's are massive..... I've not seen a lot of snakes this past summer in Australia.... a couple of dugites in Western Australia, a handful of red-bellied black snakes and a death adder while camping on the South Coast of New South Wales and thats about it....usually see a lot more

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Matau said:
:)

Retic's are massive..... I've not seen a lot of snakes this past summer in Australia.... a couple of dugites in Western Australia, a handful of red-bellied black snakes and a death adder while camping on the South Coast of New South Wales and thats about it....usually see a lot more
Have you ever seen a Diamond Python in the wild over there in Oz? One of my favoutite pythons - absolutely beautiful. I would say my all time favourite 'larger' snake is the Brazilian Raindow Boa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE