Smuggler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
I am not sure if this is available in the uk. I have seena few here and think that they would be a great addition to the pack.. Course you lot may think differently.
Its a fishing rod, a telescopic fishing rod to be precise which when folded down is not longet than about 8 inches. It extends to a little over 5 ft when extended and comes with a real too.

Just thought this may be a handy little addition. I was recently in the mountains in the east of norway and had this with me along with 2 hooks, and a couple of spinners.

I found a little lake near where we were staying and in the course of a couple of hours managed to catch 12 mountain trout of about 200 grams each. I also took some line off, and left a standing line over night .... 2 hooks, 2 fish breakfast!!

costs about 35 quid for the set. Will try and gets some pics.

hope this is of some use. :chill:

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
You can get telescopics over here - I have a 6 foot and a 12 foot, the 6 fits in my bag and can't be seen. Very handy things to have. I also have a 4m fishing whip carefully disguised as a walking pole. This has the advantage that the line can be folded up inside so tackling up is instant.

Blasted trout have moved away from the only spot of river I can get to easily..

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Realgar said:
You can get telescopics over here - I have a 6 foot and a 12 foot, the 6 fits in my bag and can't be seen. Very handy things to have. I also have a 4m fishing whip carefully disguised as a walking pole. This has the advantage that the line can be folded up inside so tackling up is instant.

Blasted trout have moved away from the only spot of river I can get to easily..

Yes i guessed that telescopics could be bought! lol

This one is just so small it'll fit in the long pocket of your mountain trousers and not be uncomfortable.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Do you mean the Instant Fisherman from tv?

My dad has got one - nice piece of kit: very small, so you can pack it in your rucksack (or in your fishing box).

Don't know about availability in the UK, but overhere I saw a few in fishing / tackle shops.
When you run "instant fisherman" trough Google you'll get loads of links ...

:chill:

:wave:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yes i guessed that telescopics could be bought! lol

This one is just so small it'll fit in the long pocket of your mountain trousers and not be uncomfortable.
Yes we do get tele rods over here butI've never seen one that folds up that small... most are pack size, not pocket size.

:)
Ed

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
Aye good bit of kit. Got mine for a tenner 4 years ago i've used it hundreds of times and it's still going strong. Picked a slightly larger one up in spain a couple of years ago for twenty quid used it twice and the end fell out..

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I think I've seen them on bearclaw bushcraft for about £9

Clothing SwannDri Bushwear Shelter Cookware Rucksacks Cutting Tools Survival Misc Books

Wilderness Survival Aide Memoire – This handy, pocket sized booklet has been specifically designed to compliment the W.I.S.E (bushcraft/survival) kit. It’s memory jogging pages touch upon all pertinent subjects including fire, shelter, food and water as well as preparedness, Immediate Action (I.A) drills and hypothermia.

£3.99

Antler Fire Steel – Add a touch of class to your outfit with one of our Antler handled fire steels. These pyrophoric zirconium rods will shower 2,500 degree (f) sparks down upon your tinder for at least 12000 strikes. Handles made of Roe Deer Antler.

Antler Fire Steel (£15.00) Tine Fire Steel (£19.00)

Flint and Steel – Exact copies of the typical 18th century steels which were in common use all long the American frontier. These C shaped tools come ready for use with their own flint shard and char cloth patches.

£15.00

Wetfire Tinder – Without a doubt the lightest and most reliable means of lighting a fire using a man made tinder. Each gold wrapped brick can be either shaven or crushed for ignition by spark or used whole with matches. Wet fire tinder will, as the name suggests, even burn when wet. Each blister pack contains 8 bricks.

£6.00

Ultimate Tinder Pouch –recommended and carried by most instructors and outdoorsmen these excellent rubberised plastic pouches (unique to our trading post) come with a large main pocket (ideal for holding your birch bark or any other tinder) as well as a smaller secondary pocket (ideal for your fire steel or even a few bricks of wet fire tinder!)

£3.99

Telescopic Travel Rod – this entry level rod is 1.65m (approx when extended) and comes with a reel of 2lb monofilament line plus float, weights, 3 x hooks and disgorger. Some assembly is required.

£8.99

Kit, Survival, Individual Mk.4 - Nato stock number (nsn) 8465-99-1314124. R.A.F aircrew survival kit as issued to pilots and special forces operators alike. Most recently tried and test during Gulf War 1 this excellent, comprehensive kits contains, water purifying tablets x 20, Tampons x 2, Protective Un-lubricated (condom) x 2, Flint and steel, Fire making tablets x3, Needles x 2, Aids container, Tape vinyl, Sleeping bag, Nylon cord x 20ft, Button compass, Candle, Suspender clips x4, fishing kit, snare wire, wire saw, razor blade, elastic band, instructions sheet and a foil blanket. A must for any traveller who wants complete peace of mind.
£37.00

W.I.S.E Survival Kit – Based upon our own experiences and the kit recommendations of the father of Bushcraft, Mors Kochanski, the survival kit acts as the main component part a the W.I.S.E pack (detailed below in option 2 or 3). Designed by us and manufactured by BCB international this is a civilian survival kit of the highest quality.
Each vacuum sealed pouch contains,
1 x R.A.F issue emergency sleeping/survival bag.
1 x R.A.F issue Mylar sheet/ space blanket.
1 x Latest issue NATO wire saw. (Redesigned by a member of our team.)
1 x NATO emergency fishing.
1 x Fireball fire steel with striker and tinder.
1 x 4m (approx) spool of single strand brass snare wire.
1 x Heliograph.
1 x Distress whistle.
2 x Long life – tallow candles.
1 x Wilderness Survival Aide Memoire

£35.00

Option 1 - W.I.S.E pack (belt kit) Buy the W.I.S.E kit, Aide Memoire, Finnish utility knife, folding cup and set of mess tins.
£54.00

Option 2 – W.I.S.E pack (Rucksack kit) as per Option 2 but this time replacing Mess tins with a Zebra stainless steel Billy can (12cm).
£70.00

If you ever have cause to use this kit in an emergency situation please send us a report with pictures (which we will publish) and we will replace the used vacuum sealed kit free of charge.

W.I.S.E Survival Kit - Replacement parts.
Practice makes perfect! We at Bearclaw Bushcraft understand that to train correctly you will need to use the contents of your survival kit and as such some of its items will last longer than others. With this in mind below you will find all the replacement parts you will require.

NATO Wire Saw
Latest Pattern as tested and approved by the SAS.
£3.00

NATO Emergency Fishing Kit
Comprehensive kit issued and recommended by both special forces and RAF survival instructors and personnel.

£19.99

Fireball Fire Steel with Striker
Same Ferro rod as used in the standard fire steel issued to the Swedish army but without the added cost of expensive packaging. Why pay more for a plastic fob and a blister pack?
£4.99

Snare Wire, Pack of 3
2m of single strand snare wire, ideal for survival kits however please note illegal to use in some regions and countries please check with your local authority before use.
£3.99

Heliograph and Distress Whistle
Get found!
£4.99

RAF Emergency Sleeping/Survival Bag
Issued equipment used by both RAF and special forces.
£5.99

RAF Mylar Sheet
Space blanket capable of reflecting up to 70% body heat.
£3.99

Tallow Candles x 2
Each candle will burn for up to 9 hours as well as being edible in emergencies.
£5.99

Tindercard – Specially prepared wax card from Scandinavia designed to light BBQ’s and campfires. Simple to use, bend it to expose the fluffed inner core and caste your sparks into this, or just use a match on the edge. Each pack contains enough strips to light up to 30 fires.

£3.99

Emergency Ration Pack – Like a survival kit and emergency ration is a small insurance policy carried in case things go wrong. Sealed in a waterproof container the EMP contains food and survival equipment as listed below,
• Plain Mint cake (85g), OXO cube, Snickers bar, Coffee x 2, Milk x 2, Sugar x 2, Solid Fuel Tablets, Matches, Poly bag, Puri-tabs, Whistle, Pencil, Instruction sheet, Brass wire, Boiled sweets, Button compass – Container doubles as a cooking pot.

£6.50

Green Heat Lighter Sachets – 12 Gel packs per box. Each sachet will burn for 20 minutes making them ideal as tinder for fire or BBQ lighting as well as being a cleaner and more Earth friendly alternative to Hexi. 100% ORGANIC.

£5.99

Clothing SwannDri Bushwear Shelter Cookware Rucksacks Cutting Tools Survival Misc Books

Disclaimer | Terms and Conditions | Privacy

2003 © Bearclaw Bushcraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE