Smock Pattern

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:dunno: Buy one which is almost what you want but is very cheap and on its last legs.
Take it apart at the seams and you have your pattern - just remember to mark and list where all of the pieces go :twak: .

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I did mine by studying photos on here,
then measureing clothing that I already had, making adjustments to what I wanted to fit it over/under.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Purdy Bear

Jun 5, 2009
SE London
What sort of smock do you mean?

Smocking to me is usually a gathered piece to the front done with elastic.

Or do you mean the aprons that have open sides and a opening for the head, with ties at the side,

Or the wrap around smock type?

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
One suggestion. Before cutting into your expensive fabric, go to Goodwill or IKEA for some cheap bedsheets. Cut, pin, try, adjust, when you are happy you can transfer to the real stuff, knowing it will turn out right. Learnt this from dealing with renaissance customing geeks; when your game is making a wearable copy based on a statue or a painting...

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Good idea forestwalker,

I had a jacket made for me years ago and it just didn't fit well at all, went to a tailor to see if he could fix it, suggested taking it back to the ones who made it, back to RAFcollege Cranwell and it was the sleeves misalligned so spending time getting it right first time saves a lot of hassle getting it all done again.

So I'll be getting some cheap fabric before I try this as I have wanted a good smock since I saw the one my Father had for fishing many years ago. Sadly he got rid before I had chance to dismantle it for a pattern :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE