smock for archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I am Looking for a jacket or smock for my archery, water proof is a must but it cannot have baggy arms . The closest I have found so far is the ridgeline pintail smock.

Cheers

Chris

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
If you can be flexible on the waterproof, then there are any number of wool bush shirts, from Swanndris to Fred Asbell tops. The latter are designed with archers in mind.

There are also various other U.S. and possibly Canadian bow hunting tops. Cabelas would be a good place to look.

i think that covers traditional to technical.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I use my Bison Bushcraft Guide shirt when I do field archery. Those Fred Asbel tops look good for bushcraft in general - does anyone know if you can get them over here?

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
I got a heavey weight Fred Asbell 100% wool hooded smock in a green and black plaid.

This last week I took it to the local seamstress and got them to add elastic in to the sleeves for a better fit, adjustable toggles and elastic cord on the hem and a big chunky black zip on the neck area to make the fit a little more sophisticated.

Thinking of getting a primal gear takedown bow to go with the jacket ;0)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE