smash is back---for bushcraft!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Just tried an intresting product that my friend brings back from china. It consists of a small sachet of powdered mash in lots of different flavours like four cheese, garlic and butter and herbs. You mix with just 85 ml of boiling water and it's actually really nice plus really convinient to carry! The product name is "goldenhill" instant mash potatoes! look out for some in your chinese supermarket today!!

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Not a lot probably, but people responsible for boosting Chinese powdered milk with fatal doses of chemicals and fed to babies, are about to be executed having been before the courts. I'm sure it's all well screened now before it leaves China, but I recall the USA totally banned such imports, the ban may well have been lifted now.

xylaria

I use lidls puree brand.
It is cheaper and the results have a better consistancy than others. If I can remember it just contains potato, but by the time i have finshed with it though it is 30% butter, chocolate pieces, honey, dried fruit, rosehips etc etc.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I use lidls puree brand.
It is cheaper and the results have a better consistancy than others. If I can remember it just contains potato, but by the time i have finshed with it though it is 30% butter, chocolate pieces, honey, dried fruit, rosehips etc etc.

"15p ASDA plastic mash does me twice and as good as the alien brand"

hadn't realised there was so much of it out there.......granted never went looking for it but you could only get this disgusting stuff from the co-op down the road, really in-edible!!

Mooseman1

Forager
Dec 22, 2008
London UK
I had smash and lamb chops cooked in garlic butter at a moot over the weekend, always fry off the chops take out and put to one side, chuck in the water and add an oxo cube bring to the boil and whack in the smash.......All the other lads had MRI's and boil in a bag.

Gotta love it.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
I use lidls puree brand.

Not sure what the actual brand name is at Lidl but Pomme Puree is just French for mashed potato.

GS

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'd love to see the original advert with the talking alien 'robots' doing the Cadbury's Smash advert........ with a Chinese voice - over!

I guess it'd lose something in translation!

Mistaking instant mashed potato powder for Marvel is not a good idea.........whereas mixing a bit of Marvel in with instant spuds is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE