Small Ultralight Aluminum Hand Warmer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2012
essex
the filler is best put away, looks to big and if you fill it up and find all the fuel doesnt fit in the hand warmer your stuck what to do with it. fill the warmer from a can easy that way.
great in gloves, like you say one hot and cold hand feel the difference.
good to see people find then usefull, will pick another one up my self at some time. one in each glove and zippo in my pocket.
keep warm guys.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Incidentaly the filler on my two was identical to that in the link i.e. a white swan neck affaire which might be useful elsewhere filling little lightweight stoves. Anyway my two are a godsend and I can see them being used regularly when I go bird spotting this winter.
A.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
looks better the filler with that one, like the filler what comes with a zippo one.
anyone get problems with links going out of date stick " Aluminum Hand Warmer " in the search, bring up all sellers of them.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Great review mate, do you think they would be ok to go in wet boots to help dry them out?
Have you used 1 in a sleeping bag put inside a glove or something?
Or would the fumes not make it safe?
Cheers
Steve

Leave only footprints take only memories

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Not tried them to help dry boots, cant see why they would not help, any heat will help.
i got no problems using them in gloves, socks and spleeping bags.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Mine arrived yesterday. Been running 23 hrs now on one fill, straight out the can, never used the filler. If you turn the little bag inside out, they get red hot. Well impressed
The bag controls the air flow and so the heat output. If I take mine (real zippos but just the same) out of the bag, they can get too hot to hold and the catalytic haed glows red. Do remember that even at lower temps, next to the skin for long period, they can burn. It's total heat into the skin that burns. So if you ut it inside you sleeping bag with you (as amny have), watch out that you don't end up lying on it all night!
Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE