Small Ultralight Aluminum Hand Warmer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2012
essex
Last year i decided to replace my old charcol stick handwarmer, never very good and always going out, had to light both ends of the stick to get any warmth from it. Got a zippo hand warmer in a sale what has been so much better. So the other day I was looking on ebay to see if i could pick another one up cheap ( I am one of those who gets cold hands and feet, i stick the warmer in my gloves swaping it from one to the other and sometimes put it in my sock, so really could do with another one lol 4 would be great) i came across these small hand warmers.
P1010299.jpg

P1010297.jpg

£4.68 what includes the postage (took 6 days to come from hong kong). At first i thought what happens when i need a new burner head, probably never find a spare. Then one seller in there listing said they sold spare burners, so i took a look and see they fit zippo hand warmers too, so if they fit the zippo ones the zippo ones will fit these lol problem sorted.
As you can see if the picture you get a bag and filler, thats a lever you move left and right to switch the flow off on the filler, I just filled the hand warmer up the same as i would my lighter with the can of fuel.
First lighting it, put my lighter on the burner for 10secs then blow on it like I do with my zippo and no glow, at first i thought it had not lit so i tried again, still no glow. so i decided to leave it for 5 10mins as it was warm and could not tell if it was lit or warm from my lighter. When i took a look later it was still warm, so these burners do not glow like the zippo one i found out.
This is a nice little hand warmer, smaller than my zippo and fits in my gloves better.
Pro's
Great price
Fits in a glove better, so you can use your hands doing things easier.
Replace burners easy, zippo one you can always get.
Neg's
Not as hot as a zippo hand warmer, (warmer if you dont put it in the bag).

I will do a update on how long if last on a fill, i lit if at 3pm. My zippo i lit the other day at 8am and went out just after midnight so got 16 hours from it, more fuel was used being bigger.
P1010298.jpg

Picture of a zippo lighter and hand warmer and the new small hand warmer.
Tomorrow i will put the burner on it from my zippo and update the results.
If this was the first hand warmer i had i would not think twice about getting another one, nice and small great for fitting in your gloves. comes in grey, gold, blue, red and purple (vilolet the seller i got my one from called it) out of stock of red and blue when i got my one, wanted red.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2012
essex
11 and a half hours it lasted on a fill. Like i said earlier i didnt use the filler to fill it up so you mite get more fuel in it if you want to.
Good little tool whats light and does not need batterys for when your out, like all fuel hand warmers.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Got 3 of these off ebay from the same seller, arrived within a week, filled and started one at 10 - still nice and hot now. One each for my girlfriend and her Dad (who's a fitter and works in cold conditions most of the time) , can see me ordering myself another one though. Don't get as hot as my sBoston version, but smaller and a hell of a lot cheaper, the lid doesn't come loose easily & will do a great job for the football this winter.

Thanks pyrophil for the recommendation!!!

BTW I prefer the zippo fluid to the Swan (in my sBoston) which seems easier to get. Zippo seems to smell less, burn better

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Got 3 of these off ebay from the same seller, arrived within a week, filled and started one at 10 - still nice and hot now. One each for my girlfriend and her Dad (who's a fitter and works in cold conditions most of the time) , can see me ordering myself another one though. Don't get as hot as my sBoston version, but smaller and a hell of a lot cheaper, the lid doesn't come loose easily & will do a great job for the football this winter.

Thanks pyrophil for the recommendation!!!

BTW I prefer the zippo fluid to the Swan (in my sBoston) which seems easier to get. Zippo seems to smell less, burn better

Good to hear you found them good. great for the price, and handy little things.

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
Do you find the fuel evaporates inbetween uses. Or what I should say is can I fill one up and keep it stored in my bag for when I need it or will I find it empty as a politicians heart?

Jan 15, 2012
essex
You put fuel in it and light it till it goes out, ok you can flip the top off and put it back when its gone out but thats not what you should be doing. get a fuel safe bottle tin what ever and take it with you.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Mine arrived and have been running for 24hrs thus far on a full funnel (provided with warmer). Great spot pyrophil.
A.

thats a good time, think i got 16 hours the most when using it. i did just use a can of lighter fuel and not fill it to the top like i would my zippo lighter. i also found it seems a bit hoter after its been used a few times.

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
Took mine out for a test drive last night, was about -2. To begin with I was pretty underwhelmed by it but as my other hand got colder (I only bought one of these!) then if I switched it across you could definitely tell the difference. I filled mine pretty lightly, under the 10 mark on the filler and half of that got spilled down the sink, I wouldn't use it in future but as previous people have said just fill direct. Lasted 4 hours and near the end it had grown on me.
Only something to be used for when it's really cold but useful piece of kit to have and v efficient.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Was a godsend last night - at the football, -2 when I left the car, -5 when I got back to it. Had one of these and the more expensive s-Boston version - one in each pocket. S-Boston ran out about 5 mins from the end, little cheap one still hot when I finally got home about midnight. I've ordered another couple of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE