small one / necker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justa1098

Maker
Aug 15, 2013
Leicestershire
Very nice. If it's gone, will there be others?

Hi. Glad you like it. Its a design thats going well for me at the minute. This one may be sold as ive had a pm but i can let you know later. Another one planned with camo g10 and one with ivory micarta with red liners :)

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I would love one of these knives, if you are making anymore please contact me, I will definitely buy one, Richie

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Thanks Gill, but that wasn't really the detailed explanation I was looking for from the maker.

Edit: Never mind. My interest in what he was aiming for with that design isn't really important if there are people happy to buy it.

Bye :)

Last edited:

Justa1098

Maker
Aug 15, 2013
Leicestershire
Thanks Gill, but that wasn't really the detailed explanation I was looking for from the maker.

Edit: Never mind. My interest in what he was aiming for with that design isn't really important if there are people happy to buy it.

Bye :)
Hi Chris. Apologies for not replying sooner. I didn't realise you'd commented. Basically last year I was asked to do a small knife that could be worn around the neck or chucked in a backpack. Needed to be pointy so it could skin but have enough meat behind it to carve, feather sticks or cut small branches. Also had to be cheap enough that losing it wouldn't be the end of the world. This is pointy and the thumb jimping really helps with the grip. Scandi for ease of sharpening and the kydex protects but keeps the price down. The tang is drilled to try and keep the weight down a little. Not much more to say. Hope that helps :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Cheers Justa. Thanks for the explanation :) Its kind of an unusual shape and reminded me a bit of the front end of a WSK knife. Not really what one would call a conventional shape and I thought that there was probably something special that had driven the design.
Cheers

Justa1098

Maker
Aug 15, 2013
Leicestershire
Just looked up some pictures of the wsk. I see what you mean! Mine looks like a cut off version of that. I thought I'd come up with something a little different! I guess it's all been done before ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE