Small Daypack suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
no subdued colours, no admin pocket (as far as I can tell) slip pockets don't look like they can fit a gi canteen and if by chance they do the ruck will be twice as deep as I want

I am being fussy I know but I've tried most styles out there...

You can get them in just black. It doesn't stand out much imo. I doubt there's a pack which will meet all of your requirements without making it yourself tbh ;). The normal daypacks which you find (like the osprey ones) will be the ones which come closest, but the packs made to be used as a daypack will not have an admin pouch, and the ones made for edc and city use, won't have the parts you want for daypack use (like bigger side pockets).

I don't understand your problem with the side pockets though. You say they are too small, but if they would fit your requirements, they would be much too deep? Sounds a bit like a contradiction. (I don't know how big they are, maybe you can see in a store. Better than looking at pictures and speculating ;) )

Brynglas

dbbcc71afbbf562648c5df0e9092af19.jpg

30L Gouter sack from Aiguille Alpine. Excellent daysack, extremely well made and tough as old boots.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Just remembered this page, not sure how good they are, but for the price could be worth a punt. IIRC they are rebadged Highlander bags

http://www.clearancebackpacks.co.uk/

I've had a couple of backpacks from here. You're quite right in them being re-badged highlander bags and very nice they are too. I've been using the 25ltr version everyday for the last 18months as a work bag and it's still in great condition. My other bag (33ltr) is used for days up the woods and/or daytrips to nature reserves carrying my flasks, food, clothing and camera equipment. The zips and clips are all nice and robust, the fabric is very durable, I was very impressed at the quality and for £12 you've not much to lose.

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
I'm looking to spend up to £150 on the right pack but maybe I'm asking on the wrong forum ,

Honestly, do not spend £150 on a 20l backpack! That's just throwing cash away when you could use a 5p plastic bag from Tesco.

Buy yourself a simple, inexpensive, serviceable bag and spend the rest of the cash on going somewhere nice for a few days rather than giving it to some fancy brand name so they can spend it on magazine adverts to promote the latest "must have" feature you need in a bag.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Honestly, do not spend £150 on a 20l backpack! That's just throwing cash away when you could use a 5p plastic bag from Tesco.

Buy yourself a simple, inexpensive, serviceable bag and spend the rest of the cash on going somewhere nice for a few days rather than giving it to some fancy brand name so they can spend it on magazine adverts to promote the latest "must have" feature you need in a bag.

I don't see £150 being a lot, its the going rate for hiking boots and a lot of the standard bushcraft knives out there whether production or lower end custom.

I've tried a lot of bags and there is a real difference with higher end brands in comfort alone. I'm not a brand hunter hell I don't own a knife over £30 and most of them are low end Moras but I do expect quality and function and most of the cheap brands fall apart far too quick

I doubt there's a pack which will meet all of your requirements without making it yourself tbh)

That's the conclusion I'm coming to, to be honest....

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

This might fit your spec - TNF Big Shot.

TNF BS.jpg

I'm not sure if you can still buy this new (mine is nearly ten years old) but if interested you might track one down on ebabe or even here.

One of the best rucks I've ever owned - compact and low profile but like a Tardis! Non military looking and subdued colours. Very robust, very comfortable to carry, very user friendly.

Mine has been used, mod'd and abused time and again and it has taken everything that I have thrown at it.:)

Attachments

• Big Shot Ruck.jpg
    Big Shot Ruck.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 11

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE