Slug Eggs

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They are beautiful, and they take care to hide them in such ideal hatching places….pity they become such a blasted pain in the garden :sigh:

I worked beside a molluscologist (I think that's what she called herself) who ooohed and aaaahhhed at the giant leopard slug that had come in with a huge bag of useful plants I'd brought in to work with. Then she spotted the yellow banded snails, and the great big ones :rolleyes:
It was actually quite interesting to listen to her talk about the creatures that I routinely rounded up and drowned in a bucket with beer in it :eek: :eek:

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Did the slug lay them there, or did you dig them up? Either way, leave them out for the birds.

They were laid in the drain holes of large chilli pots I was emptying. The exhausted compost contained a few strings of slug eggs, many earthworms, lots of centipedes and earwigs and various other crawlies. All the compost (about 300 litres) was barrowed into the chicken run and used to fill in one of their excavated dust baths.

The chooks thought it was the best bran tub in history and spent hours clawing it over and scoffing the contents :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE