Sloe Gin

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I am very keen to try some home made Sloe Gin , having had some of the shop bought stuff over Christmas.

If anybody local to me ( North Manchester ) has a small bottle for sale I would be very happy to meet up

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well I've just bottled mine.
If I can figure out how to post a miniature size bottle to you, I'll send some down.

No fee, just drop some change in the next Cancer charity rattling tin you see :)

How the hang do I send a bottle safely through the post though ? :dunno:

cheers,
Toddy

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Mines nearly gone Im afraid, Its jolly nice. :)
Have a go at making some back end, its very easy.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I guess a section of poster tube and some bubble wrap. Its worked for me in the past sending miniatures.UM! sorry that's shampoo to friends in dusty places.

Hope that helps Toddy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was just wondering about the inner tube from the kitchen roll and some bubble wrap and then into a jiffy bag.
Good idea on the tape around the cap :cool:

steve48, send me a pm with your address please ?

cheers,
M

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
if you want a 2nd taster mate I'll throw some of mine your way. I made a wee bit more than I can drink this season [18 litres] woops

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
PM's sent with my details and I can't wait to try some different types, will write a reveiw of my findings when I am sober

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Never made Sloe gin but we make Damson gin the same way- not only very god to sip on its own but excellent for Kir (i.e. a bit topped up with any fizz), this really brings out the fruit flavour- or at least it did this Christmas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE