Sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Just picked up a Mountain Equipment Marathon 300 sleeping bag from a charity shop, I think it's down filled.
Anybody know anything about these bags and are they any good, it packs down to nothing!

Cheers, Russ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Not familiar with this particular bag, but ME are well regarded. I'm very happy with my ME DreamCatcher 750 - I think it's a good bit heavier than yours though. But I've had it for the best part of 10 years, and it's still great.

Enjoy your bag, looks like you got a bargain!

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Nice find, judging by the label I would say it's about 15 years old. ME make great gear generally so as long as it's still got plenty of down in it your onto a winner.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Wow that old.
I've not had much experience with down bags, there doesn't seem to be a lot of down in the bag, but it just fits in the stuff sack so I suppose if it had a lot more it wouldn't.
I'll have to sleep in it to find out, any idea the best way to wash these?

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Old doesn't mean bad, lots of my mountaineering gear is a good few years old. I would agree with you about the stuff sack.

Nikwax do a liquid Down Wash you can use at home, you usually just have to make sure the bag is well tumbled dried on a low setting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE