Sleeping and the Moon

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Does anyone else find it hard to sleep when there is a full moon? I know that sounds a bit 'Loony' [aherm]
But it was big in the sky last night, and I must have had about an hours kip.

Curtains fully closed etc. I just cant sleep properly under a full moon. Tossing and turning and waking.

Whats that about then?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You're not alone. I was ok last night as we'd had family round, drank lots of wine, and went to bed really late. But often I'm unaware it's full moon and can't sleep, so it's not subconscious. It's only when I get up in the early hours to make some tea do I realise why I'm awake.

Madam is a psychiatric nurse and used to work on a secure ward. She and her fellow nurses all agreed that working the shifts around full moon were much busier. I think it's a fairly universally recognised phenomena.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
But often I'm unaware it's full moon and can't sleep, so it's not subconscious. It's only when I get up in the early hours to make some tea do I realise why I'm awake.

Yeh, snap. So we should be locked up then? :rolleyes: Makes sense to me.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Does anyone else find it hard to sleep when there is a full moon? I know that sounds a bit 'Loony' [aherm]
But it was big in the sky last night, and I must have had about an hours kip.

Curtains fully closed etc. I just cant sleep properly under a full moon. Tossing and turning and waking.

Whats that about then?

I've highlighted where the problem is Dave... may I suggest you wear boxing gloves during the next full moon?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got in from 2 nights sleeping out under a big full moon - 2 excellent nights kip with no need for a torch to go for that "early hours pee"...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE