Skin so soft - but which one?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I have heard that Avon's Skin So Soft is a very effective bug repellent. I duly went on the Avon website only to discover that there are some 63 products that sport the 'Skin So Soft' label. Does anyone know which one it is that will turn bugs away?

Many thanks for your help!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm afraid they changed the recipe a year or two back and it doesn't work a well as it used to. Now it more "drowns" them in an oily slick. Avon still do insect repellents HERE though I've never found them much cop. Have you thought about Stupidly Simple Midge Repellent (available from a forum member on HERE) no connection but it really works or try SMIDGE.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Thank you for the update on Skin-So-Soft. I have opted for the Smidge stuff in the hope that it might do the job of repelling the nasties that make up 'The Royal Greenland Air Force'. I hope that that and the Vitamin B patches should keep the worst of them off!

Jul 14, 2013
uk
Best thing to use is lemon grass, buy some from your supermarket, get it back home, and hammer the life out of it and then fub it on your exposed skin ! simples me thinks. This works well guys ! please try,

thefisherman

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
This would work if a supermarket were near and stocked the lemongrass; I'll be out for 18 days unsupported in northern Greenland so I'm not sure I'll have room for the quantity of lemongrass required. I will try it at home though and see how I get on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE