Six Nations

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well now, after the boys in green did so well today it's shaping up to be a real classic with it all to play for in the last two games of the competition. The Wales - Ireland game in particular
could turn out to be a real classic, eh?

The six nations is always a highlight for me, a hard-fought series that heralds the true onset of Spring and without much of the hype that accompanies other sports like Soccer, Tennis and Golf etc...............I wonder how long they'll be able to keep it so? :)

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Great game!

I must say i felt quite sorry for the england team in the last couple of minutes of the game. To get that close and then have it disallowed must have been rough. I know it wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome of the match, but still, tough break.:(

role on V. Wales!;)

Ste

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
"I wonder how long they'll be able to keep it so?"

They need to do something about the scrums, boring time wasting fiascos that seem only good for wangling penalties, by getting the opposition to appear to collapse or wheel. I have never seen any scum half throw in straight, they just feed to their own front row....

Good result for Ireland today, England were having a shocker, although they did fight back into it on the occasions when they quit kicking possession away, and decided to pick up the ball and run with it. That is what worked after the restart in Cardiff, it began to work today, but sadly for us, no decisive finishing. I cant see Wales allowing themselves to be humiliated twice at home, Ireland /Wales will be very tight and a tense game. Wales start slow and build throughout the competition. And of course Ireland arent scoring many tries, they need to break that habit. Well done to them though, they looked keener, sharper, hungrier, more determined, more organised, more highly motivated, faster, more aggressive....you get the picture. It will be fascinating to see what style England adopt against Scotland and France, wether it will continue in the direction of bold, fearless and creative, or revert to introverted conservative pragmatism. It will be a big test of S Lancaster and his men. They will be hurting right now, but every team has bad days, even the All Black's are known to experience them.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
21 - 16 helps me cope with your comment ;)

And a deserved win it was too. I see your grand slam is now on the same track ours is. :)

This year's competition is too close to call. Ireland might lose to Wales (don't think they will), it wouldn't surprise me if England lost to France or Scotland, and Wales have had trouble with Italy in the past, especially in Rome.

All good fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE