Site not available?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Couldn't get on the site yesterday morning, same again this morning. Just seemed to time out, tried it with IE6 and Opera. Using samspade reported a socket error, dunno what that means? Forgot to plug in the server?
Connections with other sites were fine and I see from BB that other guys had the same problems.

Any clues?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Means someone unplugged the server from the socket in order to do the vacuuming!

Justin Time said:
Using samspade reported a socket error, dunno what that means? Forgot to plug in the server?

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Yup! I had the same problem.
I think that someone need to get up in the mornings and crank the handle.
:-D

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I've told you, it's down when they vacuum the server room ... and they like to keep the room really clean!!! :mrgreen:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
LOL, I had a word with the guy today and they are trying to trace the fault. it went down at 18:05 last night and was off for about 6 hours :cry:

Sorry for all the inconvenience guys :oops:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, there have been some server problems but I'm sure they're sorted out now. The server crashed and that has had some knock on effects that have laste the last few days.

Sorry about the hassle guys and girls.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
No problems Tony, but I've got to say I start getting a serious case of the shakes if I can't get my BCUK "fix" in the morning.... no access before 1030 aaaaahhhhhhhhh :shock:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE