Singer sewing machines

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickystaflin

Banned
Jun 13, 2009
ludhiana
SPAM Removed....

Since someone with a real question has posted, I am leaving this thread here, but the original post was spam, and has been removed.

Purdy Bear

Jun 5, 2009
SE London
I wouldnt be without my sewing machine, althought I do, do a lot by hand as well.

Iv been thinking of getting an old peddled powered machine, just incase we loose the Electricity again. Iv also got my eye on a Quilting machine.

We used to have a machine that only had the wheel at the side, beautiful thing it was too.

Anyone know of a good supplier for leather sewing machine needles?

pwb

I wouldnt be without my sewing machine, althought I do, do a lot by hand as well.

Iv been thinking of getting an old peddled powered machine, just incase we loose the Electricity again. Iv also got my eye on a Quilting machine.

We used to have a machine that only had the wheel at the side, beautiful thing it was too.

Anyone know of a good supplier for leather sewing machine needles?

I've got an old Merritt electric sewing machine which I bought second hand , it's singer in all but name.

Also have an ancient old hand cranked Singer which still works fine :) .

The last leather needles I bought were made by Singer a mixed pack of size 90 and 100, I got them from my local craft shop but here's a link to some I found on line:

http://www.singermachines.co.uk/partsDB/index.php?function=detail&recordID=138

Hope this is of help,

Pete.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks to Eric, this little beauty is winging its way to me :)

sm-sew002.JPG

More info here.

:D

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
No idea what model it is Matt :( just has Singer and a serial number on it, works a treat though.

They certainly went to town with the fancy decoration :D , if it didn't move it got blinged.

Pete.

If you take the serial number to the Singer website you can find out what model it is and where and when it was made -- if you're as sad as me that is...

pwb

If you take the serial number to the Singer website you can find out what model it is and where and when it was made -- if you're as sad as me that is...

There's a few of us sad people going about :D .

I've looked the machines serial number up Matt.

It's a 28K manufactured in, would you believe......1913 :eek: and Clydebank built as well :) .

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Pete.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
It's a 28K manufactured in, would you believe......1913 :eek: and Clydebank built as well :) .
Okay, you win :D

The 99 is a scaled-down 66, and so far as I can tell basically the same mechanism as the 28 but with a drop-in bobbin instead of a shuttle. In fact the bobbin-holder and thread tensioner on the 'modern' machine to the right of your picture looks just like it.

Thanks for the info.
No problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE