Simple Scandi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Back to the simplicity of what works without all the fancy looks:)

Polar 95mm, Natural G10, 7075 AL, couple of glow dots, 9 oz. Latigo bull leather, spectra stitching, flared concealex liner.

Yeah, the photos... light and dark, dark and light, not my camera again but... better than no camera at all!

2882553072_98c475377f_o.jpg

2882552236_467a3b71be_o.jpg

Wanted to do a Sami-style techno sheath in the beginning, but yikes, the weight did not justify the look (the thing is a tools in itself:D ).

2881718009_2a84a4333d_o.jpg

You can see the glow dots better in this pic. The center of the rivet in the sheath glows as well.

2882635754_925c766b33_o.jpg

Tried to get a couple of good shots of the color of the glow... camera went dead and battery in the charger now.

Some things learned on this trip:
- Latigo leather does not accept any form of adhesive! Epoxy, CA, and the rest were all rendered worthless. I managed to get Aleen's tacky glue to work long enough to get the upper part of the sheath lined up. If you can find this stuff, it's worth its weight in gold:cool:
- Latigo leather does not wet form! It doesn't even soak up water! I let this stuff sit for a full day and overnight.. and it didn't soak up any water at all... I did find out a way to make the leather form marginally if anyone is interested.
- G10 is moderately UV stabilized. Something in the binder i suppose. Anyway, it kept the glow powder in the center of the handle from charging properly... so added glowdots
- The latigo seems to like taking a distressful beating. It shows a little more character when properly abused prior to stitching. In this case, a little rolling and scrunching seemed to get the right look

Thanks for checking it out

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I like it a lot, I am very partial to those polar 95 blades, cheap but as good as any I have tried. I think the tangs come too long for the blades and unless you cut the end off the tang before you start the handle ends up looking a bit on the long side. Like the shape of yours though flows nicely into the blade.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Thanks guys...

Most supplies come from usaknifemaker.com... they are really cheap for firesteel blanks and oddball knife parts and accessories. Tracy is a realy good guy to deal with.

Cheeers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE