Simple fitting instructions included.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Those simple words strike fear into my heart every time I see them.

They are a sophisticated cypher which when decoded mean the following:

"You will endure the seven circles of hell before you get this to work in the way you expect. You won't have the correct tools; you will break something vitally important and even then, it won't fit properly.....Mwahahaha!"

My water butt and downpipe adapter kit has arrived......wish me luck.

Am I just a pessimist or do any of you have tales of woe?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My worst was flat pack.....a trailer. It came with 276 bolts plus nuts and washers in 6 sizes plus about forty sundry parts and springs

Instructions were badly translated from the original gibberish.

At one point my darling wife was bringing me a brew and was barely missed by a flying socket wrench :eek:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I regard myself as very placid and easy going. not given to fits of temper at all.

Unless.........an inanimate object conspires against me then I do tend to get a bit sweary.

A recent example was a flat packed self-assembly traditional hat stand for our hallway. Suffice it to say that the original is now in the garage...

Apr 26, 2011
Saltburn
I always think if a product needs instructions then it doesnt fulfill its function. You should simply be able to use it. Surely thats the essence of good design.:)

Mark

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I agree to some extent but if it is something new to the individual (like a new piece of technology for instance), then instructions are needed to use it to its full design potential.

Most smart phones for example fall very much into that category.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I always think if a product needs instructions then it doesnt fulfill its function. You should simply be able to use it. Surely thats the essence of good design.:)

Mark

Cars?
Computers?
Or in the case of one retailer I worked for, complete operating theatres?

I think some items require instructions to either use or assemble - particularly those with controls or requiring user input. I can assure you my Husqvarna brush cutter required assembly, maintenance and operating instructions. It most certainly fulfils its function however.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE