Side pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
I have one of the 35ltr swedish rucksacks with the external frame and it's a great piece of kit.

Recently I've been wondering if there are any available side pockets that might fit it without too much modification. I don't know how side pockets fit onto other packs and it may not be possible with this one so I'm open to suggestions.

Has anyone come across anything that might fit the bill?

TIA

Simon.

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
Hi Simon,

I have a pair of green side pockets with a zip closure which are made for the Berhaus Munro 35 litre rucsack. They have never been used and fit onto the rucsack by sliding the side tensioning straps through some strong, solid slots on the rear top and bottom of each pocket. If your rucsack doesn't have these side tensioning straps it would be pretty easy for someone with a sewing machine to fit some quick release buckles to both rucsack and side pockets so fitting and removing would be quick and easy. Each pocket looks to hold about 7 litres of stuff.

They're yours for a tenner if you pay the postage.

Cheers

Joe.

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
Cor, that was quick! :)

I may be interested in the pockets, but I'd like to see what they look like first. Just tried googling for pictures of the pockets but couldn't find anything.

Any chance of some pictures?

Simon

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
To fit the Berghaus pockets you will need to fit side compression straps to the pack (I have on mine and it is a very good addition).
This sack is the ideal pack for bushcrafting in my opinion, its a great size (forget 35ltrs, the sabre 45 fits inside it), a SFA fits inside or under the lid, the frame keeps the pack away from you back.
The only problem is the harness, which I replaced and now have the ultimate Bushcrafters pack.
Neil

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'll try to get some taken in the next week or so, and I'll add them to my gallery (go in and have a look around anyway). The modifications were'nt difficult and can be done on a domestic sewing machine.
Neil

Slimey

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2005
Hertfordshire
Great, I've got a sewing machine at home though I've only ever used it briefly. It got used to sew on a torn off guy line loop to an old tent I have, not pretty but it worked :D

I'll have to call in the missus for advice on this I reckon. :)

The gallery is something I should look into, never really payed it much attention. I'll check your pics out.

Cheers

Simon.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Neil,

have you had a chance to get any photos of this yet?

Neil1 said:
I'll try to get some taken in the next week or so, and I'll add them to my gallery (go in and have a look around anyway). The modifications were'nt difficult and can be done on a domestic sewing machine.
Neil

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE