Show Us Yer EDC Keyring

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Fed up of stuff getting lost in the bottom of my bag and never being able to find it easily, ive put all my small bits on an EDC keyring for when im in the woods and when im not

If you do similar or just have an EDC with some essential kit on. Show us a Piccy!

Here is mine

Small Alox
Quantum DD torch
Exotac Nano Striker
Peanut Lighter
DIY Tritium Marker

20121021_140908.jpg

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
EDC = Every Day Carry for those not into prepping and survival stuff.

Keys and a button torch on mine.

Thanks Rik. Perhaps EDC is the wrong phrase as i dont see this as a prepping or survival item, More just everyday things i need in camp that still come in handy in everyday use

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
SAK;matchsafe with waterpurifier tablets, safety pins, needle and thread; peanut lighter; whistle;energiser flashlight;compass ; keys. All on a carabiner attached to a bit of bungee cord that loops over belt and can also hang round neck. Always on me- strange how often other people have need of contents. Doesn't look as pretty as yours but basically same idea and works for me.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
SAK;matchsafe with waterpurifier tablets, safety pins, needle and thread; peanut lighter; whistle;energiser flashlight;compass ; keys. All on a carabiner attached to a bit of bungee cord that loops over belt and can also hang round neck. Always on me- strange how often other people have need of contents. Doesn't look as pretty as yours but basically same idea and works for me.

Thanks for Sharing Oldtimer, Sewing kit is a great idea. Ive been looking for a small alu whistle but havent found any loud enough for what i want yet

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
On my keyring are a bunch of keys, house, car and work... carabiner for hooking it to my belt loop... button torch that doesn't work :eek:... a souvenier tag saying TEXAS... my tescos clubcard swipe thingy and a leatherman squirt on a QR link.

That's enough to carry on it... never felt the need to carry a fire stick, water purifying tablets or anything else of that ilk

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Thanks for Sharing Oldtimer, Sewing kit is a great idea. Ive been looking for a small alu whistle but havent found any loud enough for what i want yet

Why don't you get the UST survival whistle. Jetscream I think it's called. I'll post a pick of my edc keying soon. Doing my English essay ATM. :(

fenix AAA torch-use it most nights walking home form work
exotec match case-use it when lighter runs out
peanut lighter-use it when lighter runs out
buck canoe pocket knife use it most days used it today as the knives at work are blunt enough to ride bareback on
jet scream whistle use it to control dogs

phone, lighter, pocket watch door keys

nice tritum marker me likey

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Mine
IMGP2321.jpg

Clockwise from top right:
Keyring flashlight - surprisingly bright
Nappy pin - has the advantage over a safety pin that it locks shut - has seen use in a clothing emergency
Bottle opener - freebie from Backpackinglight, if I remember rightly
Home made bone awl
Exotac nanostriker, without cover (the cover fell off somewhere)
Peanut lighter
Spyderco Honeybee
Tin opener

Keys attach to the other half of the keyring unit.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I gave some thought to this a while ago and decided that for 'every day carry' I would have the stuff that I would find most useful 'every day', as this was when I faced most 'risks'. This then meant that I have stuff that I need when out and about in towns/other than when camping, as I am in the woods relatively infrequently.

I couldn't fit it all on a key ring though, and it is:

NECKLACE
  • About 4 feet of para (type)cord*
  • dog tags with blood type, next of kin etc (in case of accidents etc when away from home)*
  • button torch
  • safety type safety pin - type with a safety cap used for babies' nappies
  • whistle
  • good quality mini-compass
  • small pen-knife - also has a torch and scissors
  • mobile phone recharger*
MONEY BELT (a good quality one that cost about £5 off ebay)
  • £20 note
  • spare credit card
  • spare cash card
  • 12 feet thin polyester cord*
  • lighter
  • spare door key*
  • cable that goes with phone charger*
  • plaster
  • memory stick
*These are the things that - after about a year or so - I haven't had to use yet, but I am happy to continue to include them.

In my pocket I generally have a swiss army knife and a lighter. On my key ring I have a mini 'glow in the dark' glow tube thing so that if I drop my keys in the dark, then I can find them more easily.

I find these manageable and not intrusive when wearing them.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE