Show me your Beaver

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Here is my fave, Jacob, seven and loving the Beavers. He is on his first Beaver camping trip in tents in August.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150529_180624 (Large).jpg
    20150529_180624 (Large).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 147

Cub Kaa

May 31, 2015
North Devon
What group / district ? I'm a Cub leader with 1st Edgehill & Torridge, a Assistant Scout Leader with 2nd Bideford both Torridge / Devon and a Training Advisor. My daughter is. cub now, was a Beaver. My son is an Explorer and off to Jamboree in Japan this July. The Missus is an occasional helper, more occasions than not. So we have a whole Scouting family.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
how strange I was just looking on my local Beaver scout troop (the12th ayrshire scout troop) then come on here & see this thread, I couldn't get the their web page to work, I'm may be interested in getting my youngest involved as a beaver he is 7 & loves stoving & all things camping he already has his own wee stove kit ... whats involved money wise getting him started, for uniform etc...?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What group / district ? I'm a Cub leader with 1st Edgehill & Torridge, a Assistant Scout Leader with 2nd Bideford both Torridge / Devon and a Training Advisor. My daughter is. cub now, was a Beaver. My son is an Explorer and off to Jamboree in Japan this July. The Missus is an occasional helper, more occasions than not. So we have a whole Scouting family.

On the outskirts of Aberdare. I'd love to help but health problems say no, that said his mom may be helping at the camp.

Cub Kaa

May 31, 2015
North Devon
how strange I was just looking on my local Beaver scout troop (the12th ayrshire scout troop) then come on here & see this thread, I couldn't get the their web page to work, I'm may be interested in getting my youngest involved as a beaver he is 7 & loves stoving & all things camping he already has his own wee stove kit ... whats involved money wise getting him started, for uniform etc...?

Not sure if this will help but this link will should give you some contact details for local groups.

http://scouts.org.uk/get-involved/map-page/

I've no idea what their waiting lists are like or if they have a waiting list. But groups in our area all have waiting lists. The sooner they get in the list the better though.

Cub Kaa

May 31, 2015
North Devon
On the outskirts of Aberdare. I'd love to help but health problems say no, that said his mom may be helping at the camp.

I'd say though if you have Bushcraft skills even a one off session would be of great help to any group. We all have different and varied skills. We often have a parent pop in for a once off evening.

It's great though if they stay in Scouting, many skills to be learnt and experiences to be had.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
"Be warned though some groups have waiting lists."

It took over a year for Jacob to get in. RAF and Army cadet corps are also popular here...nowt wrong with that either.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
thanx cub kaa,if you were sending me a link I didn't get it, I hadn't considered there might be a waiting list though, I would probably be open to a bit of occasional pop in parenting myself. it would have to be a joint decision with the misses so It would probably be better if I we were to pop in to make inquires in person ...

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
thanx rik I hadn't considered there might be a waiting list. I would probably be open to a bit of occasional pop in parenting myself. It would be a joint decision with myself & my wife so we would probably be better to go to make enquirers in person anyway....

Alan

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Saw this title and had to show you this I spotted today at the HQ of the National Rifle Association.

Smiling or what?.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433102782.295194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Great pic Rik. Congratulations and enjoy this time while you have it; they grow up way, way too fast.

My fav, James, at the Blue & Gold banquet 4 years ago:

282634_4324706722585_1115303184_n.jpg

Last edited:

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
For my boy to camp as a Beaver 20 years ago I was required to accompany him and I started to think...mmm..maybe I'm not too old to camp. Then along came some Mears programmes on TV....the rest is history and I'm still grateful to the Beavers :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE