Shipping knives to Ireland ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've got a interested buyer for a knife who's in Ireland and to tbh I don't know how / what is involved.
Anyone shipped there and no of any potential problems.
Cheers

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just remember to list it as a bushcraft carving tool otherwise you might get some Post Office jobsworth saying it's a weapon and refuse to accept it

Reactions: Robbi

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
So today I had a maker come back after a month saying he would no longer make a knife because of issues losing items in the post and how postal service providers in general are treating knives being posted. I don’t blame him but it’s a hard pill to swallow. And to add to that members here are understandably reluctant to post. It’s really infuriating that things have gotten so bad for items that will be used legally and safely.

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
I’m really thinking of just clearing the small collection I have before things get even worse and it becomes impossible to post knives from or to the UK.

R_Fonseca

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2021
Dublin
www.fonseca.ie
Yeah it's a pity. Between that and the possible customs it's not easy (or cheap) getting stuff into Ireland from outside the EU.

Why clear your collection though? Were you holding onto stuff as an investment? Just curious

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
Well I like to switch stuff around every now and then. And I have a few Alan Woods etc that I could never bring myself to use, stupid I know. But no I’ve never bought as an investment. In fact I can 100% guarantee I’ve lost money on every sale I’ve made which is as it should be when selling a 2nd hand item even when unused.

Reactions: R_Fonseca

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE