Sheffield Steel Scount Knife and Rancid Badger Custom Sheath

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
The second knife my father ever bought me was a little Sheffield Carbon Steel fixed blade scout's knife with a 2.5" blade. It is a tiny little thing. I've had it about 20 years, but only fished it out the bottom of my tool box and started using it again in the last 5 or so. It has become one of my favourite knives because it takes an edge like a straight razor, although the handle is a bit small for a man's hands!

Sadly for some time now it has been languishing in an ugly, oversized sheath that I padded out with bits of cut-up belt to make it fit.

So you can imagine how pleased I am to have just taken delivery of this Rancid Badger custom sheath for my little knife.

I'm delighted :)

DSCF6464.jpg

DSCF6465.jpg

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Lovely to see one of these again!
I had one of a similar size in a double sheath with a larger Bowie style knife , both with stag handles.
No idea what happened to them but no sign of them now so great to see yours being pampered with
a RB sheath.Nice work too. Have fun with it and thanks for posting.
Cheers , Simon

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Upon a time people used little knives like this as EDCs. I wish I still could.

It would make a lousy weapon anyway, but it would make a great on-belt substitute for a folding pocket knife. Looks good too.

Ah well...... :(

hobbes

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Devon, UK
Nice! I've always liked the look of those knives - it's a classic - instantly recognisable. Good on you for bringing it back into play.

The connection to your father is nice as well. I have two knives that were my father's - not gifts to me, but I inherited them - old skool American folding hunters. For a long time I was really precious about them, afraid to damage or lose them. Then, last year, I decided that was silly and I should be using them. Now they bring me pleasure regularly: much more, I now realise, than they actually did before.

That sheath really suits your knife too!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Oh, you've gone and done it now, you have!

I've got a little knife just like that one stowed in a tool apron in my workshop. It rarely sees any use like that so now I'm going to have to have another word with Steve. :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Looks bigger than mine that I found the other day but probably is the same knife.
Mine's a bit rougher looking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE