sheffield knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
i've just been having a look on sheffield knives website and it appears to be selling a push dagger, or what i think a push dagger looks like. any thoughts on this? maybe the people from british blades could have a look and off their opinions. whole point of this is that i thought that push daggers were verboten

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Don't forget that Sheffield sells to an international market. The cutlery industry responds to, and also importantly creates demands for product just like the automotive and clothing sectors. Legislation against certain products seems to fuel a perverse demand for items nobody would bother with otherwise! In California I can't buy throwing knives ( who possesses both the skill and stupidity to throw a weapon at an opponent anyway?) a line of hard plastic 'C.I.A.' letter openers ( modern X ray machines pick these up easily,) daggers over 10 " ( so I get a large kitchen knife,) sword canes, butterfly knives, switchblades and gravity knives, a quickly banned Soviet kit for a spring fired Spetsnatz dagger, martial arts throwing stars, push daggers and belt buckle knives TO NAME A FEW :shock: Of course, being banned to carry ( you can legally possess most of this junk, it just stays in the house) creates a demand. Obviously they must have superior qualities to compensate for training or common sense. So, I am severely handicapped going about my daily affairs with a puukko that would make short work of these monstrosities in a real fight ( or more importantly, fixing lunch.) :lol:

W

waldorf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i've just been having a look on sheffield knives website and it appears to be selling a push dagger, or what i think a push dagger looks like. any thoughts on this? maybe the people from british blades could have a look and off their opinions. whole point of this is that i thought that push daggers were verboten

Hi Steve, I`d definately call that a Push Dagger!
and I to was under the impression that they were outlawed,
I don`t know if there has been any change, but I remember that
Alan Wood stopped making them a few years back,and commented at the time that the ban on these type of knives was costing him quite a few quid yearly!
Waldorf

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE