Sheath For Leuku

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Made a sheath/scabbard today for the Leuku that I've been building this week.

I was torn between making a traditional Scandi style sheath or an 'English' style, in the end i elected to go with an 'English' style, the main reason being, i personally prefer it when it's used with large blades such as this.

DSCN9629.jpg

DSCN9637.jpg

The sheath itself is made from 3mm veg tan leather, doubled stitched with waxed linen thread and dyed in a rich dark brown colour to complement the Walnut and Ash incorporated in the Leuku's handle, it's not as dark or shiny as depicted in the photo's in real life by the way.

The main sheath length is 14 inches, excluding the the brass ring and dangler loop, if these are included the total overall length is 19 inches, because of the expanse of leather on show, i also decided to add some light embellishment along the stitch line, just to break things up a tad and to add something to please the eye.

DSCN9631.jpg

DSCN9633.jpg

Although this is a big sheath, it retains the option to remove the dangler loop and wear it as a regular belt sheath, of course the sheath can also be carried in a Baldric style by attaching some suitable cordage to the integral brass loop.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Aaaaaaaargh!
Stop making these works of art!
Gotta give leather work a go!, and maybe, just maybe, with a little help from my friends, and a lot of hard work and cock up's, i could start turning out something that resembles a knife sheath!
Well done mate, i love that knife and sheath combo!

RM

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers chaps

@RM - you can have a proper look see at this next week, well, maybe, but only if you are good:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE