Sheath and possibles pouch

Here is my first main go at making a knife sheath and possibles pouch. I have made a pouch and sheath before but they were nothing more than basic attempts. these two new ones are my dedicated attempts.
The sheath is wet formed and I was surprised how well it shapes when wet. I did make this with a few Doh moments. First I glued the sheath closed and then realised I had yet to sew the belt loop so i had to undo the sheath and do the loop and then realised I forgot the dangler ring. Then it gets worse, when making the holes round the edges I missed the welt slightly so some of the stitching is in not through the welt.

The pouch is pretty small, enough to hold a few bits and bobs.

IMG_7925small.jpg

Going to start on a belt and large possibles pouch next. I worked with my girlfriend on making a book cover and it came out really well.

Anyways thought i'd show this off :)

Cheers,
Andy

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
That's cool that is! I really like the pouch, love the wooden toggle. "Toggle" great word that BTW. Nice work!

Ickyan, I used: adjustable groover, saddler's needles (buy more than one especially when you may snap it), linen thread, stanley blade to cut and an awl. Not alot of tools but it gets the job done.

My hat goes off to those that do this professionally or are very good at it. I just spend yesterday making a larger possibles pouch and got half way and started cursing as I couldnt get the needle to go through two piece of leather.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE