Sheath - 1st proper attempt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Hey guys. I've not been on the forum for quite a while and had a few unfinished projects. One thats been gathering dust in its final stages was a sheath for my A. Wright & Sons bushie clone. The sheath that comes with the knife does not fit it at all well so I decided I would make one that was wet moulded for a friction fit.

Anyway, after deciding on a design and a bit of research, here is the finished product:

c4854cfb.jpg

231df1fc.jpg

198f7f31.jpg

6e180114.jpg

A lot of errors in it, I have no idea how the leather workers on here make such flawless products! One main thing I noticed afterward is that I had punched the thread holes through back to front, giving me a perfect line of thread on the back and a bit skewif on the front.
The dangler is not permanent, just something functional I knocked up while I find some belt loop leather.

I have made 2 previous sheaths, 1 from a knife kit, and one for a trail hawk from 2mm leather - they do the job, but aren't really robust. This is the first proper wet moulded sheath of a good thickness, and I hope it serves me well for a long time to come.

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

P.S. on another note, it's my first post from an iPad, which has been extremely easy switching between the photo bucket app and tapatalk to make the post....... Let's see kid it comes out ok......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE