Sharps from the bootsale!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

Went around three bootsales this morning and only got anything at the last one!! (Chesterfield) I scored these four knives very cheaply, going to have to start making some sheathes for them soon!!

Bootsaleknives_zps84a6448c.jpg

Top one has Water Buffalo horn, the chap said it was a Commando knife blade that was used but i'm not entirely sure about that as the two I had disappeared under mysterious circumstances :(

Folders are both Sheffield made though the mop doesn't have a makers name :confused:

Bottom one has some kind of a skin over wood that seems to have shrunk so will possibly need some stained epoxy putting in or copper wire wrapped around then soldered :cool: It's a single edged drop point of around 6mm thickness at the spine :D

Also had a few other bits including an old iron weighing scale (for sweets!) it'll need blasting clean then painting!! there's four weights from one ounce up to one pound, Should make a nice display piece when finished :bigok:

Cheers, John :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Nope, that one's gone now, just the one at the footy ground now ;)

John :)

That's a shame, you used to get the most wonderful cross over of people at the donut, half of them been up since 4 in the search for bargains, the other half been out since the night before in search of......erm.......well bargains too I guess. Some very surreal moments. I've only heard bad things about the footy ground boot sale, really poorly organised from what I understand, I've not been down yet to check it out though, wrong end of town for me :)

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Is that a hallmark on the scale of the smaller of the two folders?

Hi Macaroon

It's a false assay mark!! It just says WR then two stars then S..

I've given the sheath knives a bit of a clean and polish now and they look better now but the bottom one of the two had some sort of a spacer to fill a gap between where the ricasso should be and the guard which i've removed, I'll have to see if I can remove the handle and reset it..

Otherwise I may have to scrap the handle and make a new one for it ;)

Cheers, John :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE