Sharps and Accessories

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
A few bits for sale. Price includes postage, paypal only please.

DMT Aligner sharpening system £35 - Used a few times

Lansky Diamond sharpening system £40 - Barely used please note this is the diamond system not the standard

A seamans knife(or pussers dirk) with dangler sheath £10 - Made in Germany and stainless steel apart from that I know nothing else about it. The sheath is leather but not great. SOLD PENDING FUNDS

A damascus knife project that stalled £15 - The blank was bought from America and is carbon steel(that's about all I can remember about it). Attached is ironwood scales with brass rod as the lower pin and a brass tube in the upper. This could be rescued by someone but as I found out it's not called Ironwood for nothing. SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Kawasemi I think I got it in plymouth in a surplus shop or car boot sale but I remember some of the dabbers having them on board. The knife had what looked like stores details etched on and the sheath had "made in Germany on it". The scales are a light wood with stain applied. Both knives are sold and will be in the post tomorrow. Alecf I see you're a maker, if you are interested in a Damascus I know a guy that does them down Dorset way, could be expensive though .

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Yeah I know a couple of places I can get some damascus, but I'm just perfecting my skills with O1 first to limit expensive mistakes. You had a bargain though :)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Kawasemi. That German Seaman's knife is identical to one I've used for 30 years, mine's carbon steel though and any markings are long gone. I have a vague memory that it was made by a German firm called something like Meisener or Meisern, which I think supplied the fishing industry, here as well as on the continent. I think I bought it up the East Coast somewhere, Great Yarmouth possibly, in a fisherman's supply shop. 19/6d I think...:lmao: Sorry can't be more precise.

PS I amaze myself sometimes, can't remember what happened yesterday but remember 25 years back plus.

Try Baconsdozen (note spelling) 13 Waveney Road, Lowestoft. Suffolk..(Right opposite the old fishdock)

www.baconsdozen.co.uk.

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Bump. Both sharpening kits are still available and are a bargain. Both are great kits and allow a level of refinement in sharpening that is a bit beyond my skill. Cheaper than eBay and neither have been used much. If anyone wants to trade for a kit I'm after a 1pt Kelly(not a Swiss volcano).

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
and they are nice. I have a couple of Damascus blades for project - but this one seems have higher craftmanship on the blade. A bit of grind on the ironwood & sheaths will finish it off to quite nice one.

The german seamans knife is also nice - comfy handle and quite well balanced blade.

Thanks for the great deal & fast shipping Scoman. :You_Rock_

Kind regards from Spader.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE