sharpening stone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
DC4 is a decent little stone.
I've got one myself and it's great for touching up a blade.
I'd not bother with the DC3 personally, I find it a bit small.

TaigaStyle

Feb 24, 2013
Dalarna, Sweden
Bare in mind that all the praise you'll read about the DC4 on here and elsewhere will be before they changed the manufacturer. They aren't as good now.

For the money they're OK I guess. They give a working edge, but not the fine razor sharp edge that the brown ceramic gave.

For touch ups in the field I personally use a Spyderco Doublestuff. Though it almost costs twice as much.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think a DMT double sided diafold is a far far better field sharpener than a DC4 - much easier to hold and use

I Agree with British Red...After trying most of the products out there, and having sharpened knives since I can remember, by hand, not with a guiding device, I believe DMT Diafold's are the best product available. The one I'm currently using, a "Course/Fine" combination, have sharpened more than 3000 knives over the last 7 years. They are good quality and the monocrystaline surface coating seems to be better than the competition. Look at http://www.dmtsharp.com/about-dmt/dmt-difference/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE