Sharpening stone for leather sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm making a leather sheath for my knife and I'd like to make a pouch on it to contain some sort of sharpening stone.

Could anyone recommend a good sharpening stone that isn't too bulky and where to buy it?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
If you've not beat the bejeezlies out of your knife edge, a hard Arkansa stone, as in the link, will be OK.
Quite frankly, it looks too small to be no more useful than sharpening fish hooks.

I'd expect to be able to buy any grit size I want. Good edges, maybe 800 or 1K.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have a DC3, which as it's name suggests is 3" long (roughly 75x25mm), The DC4 is 4" long and also wider than the DC3. The diamond side is great at taking quite a bit of material off when you want to grind out a chip say. The ceramic side is good enough to put an edge on, tho you may want to finish it up with a strop.

I've been considering getting a Spyderco double stuff. I'm no expert on this, so by all means take this with a pinch of salt.

J

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've been considering getting a Spyderco double stuff. I'm no expert on this, so by all means take this with a pinch of salt.

J

The Double Stuff is a very good option. It's similar in size to the DC4 but is a finer grit, allowing you to get a really good edge on your blade. I believe that you can also get a finer grit, ceramic version of the DC4, made by Falkniven as well. It might be a good option if you want something to re-establish an edge rather something to abrade your way through a steel girder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE