Sewing Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Does anyone produce a good little sewing kit, preferably a hard cased one, perhaps something that uses a thimble as part of the case?

Have been using a film container for years but just wondered if there was anything out there that was better.

leon-1

BCB do a small zip pouch, I have one, I have replaced a lot of the stuff in it with my own kit like, bobbins with thread of different grades, needles working through from little for the normal stuff to large for use on leather and canvas.

p1000236small0gq.jpg

This is it with a pen for scale

p1000237small2ps.jpg

and this is what's in it

p1000235small1uk.jpg

Hope this is of use :)

leon-1

BCB International are a company that market and produce things like firesteels, survival tins, face veils and the like. They used to have a main market with the military, but they now make things with the civilian market in mind.

Some of the kit is good other bits IMO is not :)

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I don't usually carry a sewing kit ('housewife') as such. Then again, I often have equipment for suturing in the first aid kit. A medical suture is handy for repairing things as well as people - it contains a curved cutting needle with very strong monofilament attached. You can sew on buttons with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE